The Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council will hold five scoping hearings in June 2015 to gather public comments related to initiating management of blueline tilefish in the Mid-Atlantic. There will also be a separate written comment period; additional details and instructions for submitting written comments will be described in an upcoming Federal Register announcement. Click here for additional details.
- Monday June 1, 2015, 6:00 pm. Hyatt Place Long Island/East End. 451 E Main St, Riverhead, NY 11901. Telephone: (631) 208-0002
- Tuesday June 2, 2015, 6:00 pm. Congress Hall Hotel. 251 Beach Ave, Cape May, NJ 08204. Telephone: (888) 944-1816.
- Tuesday June 16, 2015, 6:00 pm. Dare County Administration Building. Commissioners Meeting Room, 954 Marshall C. Collins Drive. Manteo, NC 27954. Telephone: (252) 475-5700.
- Wednesday June 17, 2015, 6:00 pm. Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. 3001 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451. Telephone: (757) 213-3000
- Thursday, June 18, 5:00 pm. Ocean City Chamber of Commerce. Eunice Q. Sorin Visitor & Conference Center. 12320 Ocean Gateway, Ocean City, Maryland 21842. Telephone: (410) 213-0552.
Scoping is the first and best opportunity for members of the public to raise concerns related to the scope of issues that will be addressed. The Council needs your input early in the amendment development process to help ensure that issues of public concern are addressed in a thorough and appropriate manner. Comment topics could include the scope of issues in the amendment, concerns and potential alternatives related to blueline tilefish management, and the appropriate level of environmental analysis.
These meetings are physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aid should be directed to M. Jan Saunders, (302) 526-5251, at least 5 days prior to the meeting date.