The Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council's Northeast Trawl Advisory Panel (NTAP) will meet on October 15, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The meeting will held at the Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, 2081 Post Road, Warwick, RI 02886; telephone: (401) 739-3000.
The NTAP is a joint advisory panel of the Mid-Atlantic and New England Fishery Management Councils. It is composed of Council members, fishing industry, academic, and government and non-government fisheries experts who will provide advice and direction on the conduct of trawl research. The NTAP was established to bring commercial fishing, fisheries science, and fishery management professionals in the northeastern US together to identify concerns about regional research survey performance and data, to identify methods to address or mitigate these concerns, and to promote mutual understanding and acceptance of the results of this work among their peers and in the broader community.
Topics to be discussed at the meeting include: review NTAP Charter, review NEFSC Trawl Survey, and discuss additional trawl research/complementary surveys.
- Meeting Agenda
- Meeting Summary - posted 11/3/2015
- Draft Charter for Northeast U.S. Trawl Advisory Panel
- NTAP Membership List
- Travel Guidelines and Expense Claim Form
- Grosslein1969.pdf - Describes the origins of the NEFSC bottom trawl survey
- Azarovitz1981.pdf - Brief history of the NEFSC survey until early 1980's
- BTS protocols.pdf - Describes current NEFSC protocols, strata, gear etc.
- Miller et al. 2010.pdf - Describes results of Albatross-Bigelow calibration work
- Johnson and McCay 2012.pdf - A history and analysis of the previous Trawl Advisory Panel
- Public Comment: Northeast Trawl AP Topics for Consideration, James Fletcher, United National Fisherman's Association
- Comparison of the Fishing Power of Two Fishing Vessels (1985) - Byrne and Fogarty
- Survey Vessels and Gear Modifications and their Possible Effects on Assessment Analysis - Byrne, Forrester, and Hayes
- An Analysis of Some Factors Affecting Catchability of Fish by Trawls, Sissenwine and Bowman
- Bigelow Tow Performance: Percentage of Non-Representative Bottom Trawl Survey Tows 2009-2015
- Trawl Surveys and Stock Assessments
- A Brief History of the NEFSC Standardized Groundfish Bottom Trawl Surveys
- Rochopper/Cookie Sweep Comparison Studies - NEFSC Standard Survey Trawl
- Georges Bank Flatfish Survey Cooperative Design and Results
- Northeast Fisheries Science Center Bottom Trawl Survey Standardization