The Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council's (Council) Northeast Trawl Advisory Panel (NTAP) will meet on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Radisson Hotel Providence Airport (2081 Post Road, Warwick, RI 02886; tel. 401-739-3000).
There is a listen-only webinar planned for this meeting: http://mafmc.adobeconnect.com/ntap/ You must use your computer speakers to listen to this webinar. It is possible that technical problems may prevent webcast of the meeting, but all efforts will be made to enable the webinar.
The NTAP is a joint advisory panel of the Mid-Atlantic and New England Fishery Management Councils. It is composed of Council members, fishing industry, academic, and government and non-government fisheries experts who will provide advice and direction on the conduct of trawl research. The NTAP was established to bring commercial fishing, fisheries science, and fishery management professionals in the northeastern US together to identify concerns about regional research survey performance and data, to identify methods to address or mitigate these concerns, and to promote mutual understanding and acceptance of the results of this work among their peers and in the broader community.
- Meeting Notes (posted 1/20/16)
- Final NTAP charter
- Summary of fixed gear interactions with the NEFSC survey gear since the Spring 2009 survey
- Summary of State & Regional Fishery‐Independent Bottom Trawl Surveys: Rhode Island to Cape Hatteras, North Carolina
- NOAA Protocols for Bottom Trawl Surveys
- NEAMAP Mid-Atlantic / Southern New England
- A Brief Overview of State Trawl Survey Programs: Rhode Island to North Carolina
- Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries Inshore Bottom-Trawl Survey
- Comparing Trawl Surveys – NEFSC/AFSC
These meetings are physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aid should be directed to M. Jan Saunders, (302) 526-5251, at least 5 days prior to the meeting date.