The South Atlantic Fishery Management Council is soliciting public input through a series of public hearings on proposed measures that could affect federally permitted charter vessels along the Atlantic coast. For-hire vessels (charter and headboats) operating more than three miles offshore in federal waters must have specific federal permits to legally target dolphin and wahoo, Coastal Migratory Pelagics (mackerel and cobia), and snapper grouper species. The Council is considering alternatives that would require electronic reporting for charter vessels with those federal permits, ranging from weekly reporting to daily reporting, through development of the Atlantic Generic Charterboat/Headboat Reporting Amendment. Please visit this page on the SAFMC website for complete details about the amendments and public hearings schedule.
Submit Written Comment
Written comments for the amendments may be submitted via mail, fax, and email and will be accepted until 5:00 PM on February 10, 2016.
- E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org (Please reference the name of the amendment you are submitting comments about in the subject line of your e-mail.)
- Fax - 843.769.4520
- Mail - Send written comments to Gregg Waugh, Executive Director, SAFMC, 4055 Faber Place Drive, Suite 201, N. Charleston, SC 29405.
Meeting Materials: Atlantic Generic Charter/For-Hire Reporting Amendment
- Public Hearing Summary
- Public Hearing Document
- Presentation (pdf)
- Video presentation (link to YouTube)
Meeting materials related to the other amendments available for scoping/public comment can be viewed HERE.
- In-person public hearings will be held January 25 - February 3. A schedule of hearings is available on the SAFMC website at http://safmc.net/meetings/public-hearing-and-scoping-meeting-schedule#Meeting Schedule
- A public hearing via webinar will be held on February 8, 2016 at, 6:00 PM - Click HERE to Register