The Council's River Herring and Shad (RH/S) Committee met via webinar on Monday, November 23, 2015 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. to review recent developments in RH/S conservation and to consider potential RH/S activities for 2016.
2. Presentation on TEWG Results (D. Borggaard - NMFS GARFO)
-Draft TEWG Fisheries Group Update
3. RH/S-related lawsuits update (K. Collins - NOAA GC)
4. Update on SMAST & RH/S catch information (D. Bethoney - SMAST)
5. Overview of RH genetics research/findings (D. Hasselman)
-See summary in Draft TEWG Fisheries Group Update (above, page 5)
6. Presentation on environmental data and river herring bycatch (S. Turner - MA-DMF)
7. Current RH/S caps and Mid-Atlantic/New England alignment issues (J. Didden)
-2015 vs 2016 MAFMC Mackerel RH/S Cap
-2015 vs 2016 NEFMC Atl. Herring RH/S Cap
-RH/S Cap Performance
-Industry Funded Monitoring (IFM) Omnibus Amendment Update
8. Committee consideration of other potential RH/S actions for MAFMC (including potential revisiting of time/area "hotspot" closures)
-Public Comment Opportunity
These meetings are physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aid should be directed to M. Jan Saunders, (302) 526-5251, at least 5 days prior to the meeting date.