- Subscribe to the Council's email list
- Sign up for the NOAA Fisheries Greater Atlantic Regional Office email list
- Sign up for daily Federal Register updates - Council-relevant notices are listed under "National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration"
Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council
Suite 201, 800 North State St.
Dover, DE 19901
Email comments may be sent to the Executive Director, Dr. Chris Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct: (302) 674-2331
Toll Free: (877) 446-2362
Fax: (302) 674-5399
Public Comment on Specific Issues
Public comments are solicited during the development of management actions. NMFS lists public notices with comment opportunities relevant to Mid-Atlantic and New England Fisheries. Click here for a listing of current public comment opportunities.
General Public Comment
The Council accepts both written and oral comments during Council meetings. General testimony on issues not related to specific agenda items is taken at all Council meetings during the "Continuing and New Business" portion of the agenda.
Public Comment Deadlines
Written comments may be submitted prior to Council meetings to be incorporated into the official record. There are two public comment cutoff dates for each Council meeting:
Briefing Book: Comments submitted at least two weeks prior to each Council meeting will be included in the digital and hard copy briefing books.
Final: Comments submitted at least one week prior to the meeting will be printed and distributed at the meeting.
These public comment deadlines for upcoming Council meetings are listed below. Comments received after the final deadline will be made available electronically.
October 2016 Council Meeting
October 4 – 6, 2016 (Galloway, New Jersey)
- Briefing Book: Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- Final: Wednesday, September 28, 2016
December 2016 Council Meeting
December 13 – 15, 2016 (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Briefing Book: Wednesday, November 30, 2016
- Final: Wednesday, December 07, 2016