- Subscribe to the Council's email list
- Sign up for the NOAA Fisheries Greater Atlantic Regional Office email list
- Sign up for daily Federal Register updates - Council-relevant notices are listed under "National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration"
Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council
Suite 201, 800 North State St.
Dover, DE 19901
Email comments may be sent to the Executive Director, Dr. Chris Moore at email@example.com
Phone: (302) 674-2331
Toll Free: (877) 446-2362
Fax: (302) 674-5399
Public Comment on Specific Issues
Public comments are solicited during the development of management actions. NMFS' Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office lists public notices with comment opportunities relevant to Mid-Atlantic and New England Fisheries. Click here for a listing of current public comment opportunities.
Council Meeting Comments
The Council accepts written comments before, and oral comments during, Council meetings. General testimony on issues not related to specific agenda items is taken at all Council meetings during the "Continuing and New Business" portion of the agenda.
Briefing Book Deadline: Comments submitted by two Wednesdays before each Council meeting will be included in the Council Meeting briefing book.
Supplemental Comment Deadline: Comments received after the briefing book deadline but by 5:00 pm on the Thursday before the start of the Council meeting will be compiled and posted to the website as supplemental materials.
Late Comments: Individuals who wish to submit comments after the supplemental comment deadline must use the online comment form. Comments will be automatically available for viewing in a spreadsheet linked from the Council meeting page. A link to the online comment form will be provided in the section below and on the individual meeting pages once the supplemental comment deadline has passed.
Council Meeting Public Comment Deadlines
June 2017 Council Meeting: June 6-8, 2017 (Norfolk, Virginia)
- Briefing Book Deadline: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 11:59 p.m.
- Supplemental Comment Deadline: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
August 2017 Council Meeting: August 8-10, 2017 (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Briefing Book Deadline: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 11:59 p.m.
- Supplemental Comment Deadline: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
October 2017 Council Meeting: October 10-12, 2017 (Riverhead, New York)
- Briefing Book Deadline: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 11:59 p.m.
- Supplemental Comment Deadline: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
December 2017 Council Meeting: December 11-14, 2017 (Annapolis, Maryland)
- Briefing Book Deadline: Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 11:59 p.m.
- Supplemental Comment Deadline: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 5:00 p.m.