Northeast Trawl Advisory Panel (NTAP)
The Northeast Trawl Advisory Panel (NTAP) is a joint advisory panel of the Mid-Atlantic and New England Fishery Management Councils. It is composed of Council members, fishing industry, academic, and government and non-government fisheries experts who will provide advice and direction on the conduct of trawl research.
The NTAP was established to bring commercial fishing, fisheries science, and fishery management professionals in the northeastern US together to identify concerns about regional research survey performance and data, to identify methods to address or mitigate these concerns, and to promote mutual understanding and acceptance of the results of this work among their peers and in the broader community.
Click on a meeting title below to view briefing materials and additional meeting details.
- Charter for Northeast U.S. Trawl Advisory Panel, updated 12/10/15
- NTAP Membership List, updated 5/8/17
Background Information & Resources
- Groundfish Survey Methods (Origins of NEFSC Bottom Trawl Survey) — M.D. Grosslein, 1969
- A Brief Historical Review of the Woods Hold Laboratory Trawl Survey Time Series — T. Azarovitz, 1981
- Northeast Fisheries Science Center Bottom Trawl Survey Protocols for the NOAA Ship Henry B. Bigelow — Politis et al., 2014
- Estimation of Albatross IV to Henry B. Bigelow Calibration Factors — Miller et al., 2010
- Trading expertise: The rise and demise of an industry/government committee on survey trawl design — Johnson and McCay, 2012
- Comparison of the Fishing Power of Two Fishing Vessels — Byrne and Fogarty, 1985
- Survey Vessels and Gear Modifications and their Possible Effects on Assessment Analysis — Byrne, Forrester, and Hayes
- An Analysis of Some Factors Affecting Catchability of Fish by Trawls — Sissenwine and Bowman
- Bigelow Tow Performance: Percentage of Non-Representative Bottom Trawl Survey Tows 2009-2015