The Mid-Atlantic and New England Fishery Management Councils are developing an omnibus amendment to allow for industry-funded monitoring. This amendment includes omnibus alternatives that would modify all the fishery management plans managed by the Mid-Atlantic and New England Fishery Management Councils to allow for standardized and streamlined development of future industry-funded monitoring programs. Additionally, this amendment includes alternatives for new industry-funded monitoring programs for the Atlantic Herring Fishery Management Plan and the Atlantic Mackerel, Squid, and Butterfish Fishery Management Plan.
View the Federal Register notice for complete details.
- Draft Omnibus Amendment and draft Environmental Assessment
- Public Hearing Document - updated 10/19/2016
The dates and locations of the public hearings are as follows.
- Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 6-8 p.m., Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office, 55 Great Republic Drive, Gloucester, MA 01930, telephone: (978) 281-9300;
- Monday, October 17, 2016, 5-7 p.m., Online webinar - audio information will be provided when you enter the webinar, or you can call in directly: 800-832-0736RM: *7833942# (To provide oral comments you must call in via phone.)
- Thursday, October 20, 2016, 6-8 p.m., Double Tree by Hilton Hotels, 363 Maine Mall Road, Portland, ME 04106, telephone: (207) 775-6161;
- Thursday, October 27, 2016, 5-7 p.m., Congress Hall, 200 Congress Place, Cape May, NJ 08204, telephone: (888) 944-1816;
- Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 6-8 p.m., Corless Auditorium, Watkins Building University of Rhode Island Graduate School of Oceanography, 218 Ferry Road, Narragansett, RI 02874.
You may submit written comments by any of the following methods:
- Electronic Submission: Submit all electronic public comments via the Federal e-Rulemaking Portal. Go to www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;=OAA-NMFS-2016-0125, click the “Comment Now!” icon, complete the required fields, and enter or attach your comments;
- Mail: John K. Bullard, Regional Administrator, NMFS, Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office, 55 Great Republic Drive, Gloucester, MA 01930. Mark the outside of the envelope “Comments on IFM Omnibus Amendment;”
- Comments may also be provided verbally at any of the five public hearings.