The Northeast Trawl Advisory Panel (NTAP) will meet on Wednesday, June 1, 2016, beginning at 9 AM and concluding by 5 PM. The meeting will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan, 100 Boardman Street, Boston, MA 02128; telephone: 617-567-6789.
To participate via telephone: call (617) 567-6789 and ask to be transferred to extension 7770.
Topics to be discussed at the meeting include:
- review of recent NEFSC bottom trawl survey analyses, NEFSC bottom trawl survey re-stratification efforts, and NEFSC gear efficiency work;
- develop recommended actions by the NTAP; and
- discussion of the use of currently contracted NEFSC vessel time and methods to supplement NEFSC surveys, potential new surveys, and other NTAP recommendations and actions.
- Meeting Notes
- NTAP Meeting Agenda
- Rockhopper/Chain Sweep Relative Catch Efficiency Analysis
- Evaluation of an alternative stratification for the NEFSC Bottom Trawl Survey
- Evaluating an alternative stratification for the NEFSC bottom trawl survey - Tables and Figures Handout
The NTAP is a joint advisory panel of the Mid-Atlantic and New England Fishery Management Councils. It is composed of Council members, fishing industry, academic, and government and non-government fisheries experts who will provide advice and direction on the conduct of trawl research. The NTAP was established to bring commercial fishing, fisheries science, and fishery management professionals in the northeastern US together to identify concerns about regional research survey performance and data, to identify methods to address or mitigate these concerns, and to promote mutual understanding and acceptance of the results of this work among their peers and in the broader community.