The Northeast Trawl Advisory Panel (NTAP) will meet on Thursday, September 29, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Courtyard Marriott Boston Logan Airport, 225 William McClellan Highway, Boston, MA 02128; telephone: (617) 569-5250.
Topics to be discussed at the meeting include
- membership changes;
- report of the NTAP Working Group meeting (2 August 2016);
- results of witch flounder gear efficiency study and next steps for stock assessment;
- results of research on increasing the number of survey stations;
- group discussion on initial planning for 10 to 20-day field program;
- introduction of NEFSC Working Group on transition options (i.e., to transition to industry based sampling platforms – in full or in part); and
- next steps for NTAP including discussion about additional funding for future meetings.
The NTAP is a joint advisory panel of the Mid-Atlantic and New England Fishery Management Councils composed of Council members, fishing industry, academic, and government and non-government fisheries experts. The NTAP was established to bring commercial fishing, fisheries science, and fishery management professionals in the northeastern U.S. together to identify concerns about regional research survey performance and data, to identify methods to address or mitigate these concerns, and to promote mutual understanding and acceptance of the results of this work among their peers and in the broader community.
- Trawl Survey Working Group - August 1, 2016 Meeting Summary
- Sweep Efficiency Study Timeline and Responsibilities
- Presentation: Empirical Estimates of Maximum Catchability of Witch Flounder on the Northeast Fisheries Science Center Fall Bottom Trawl Survey
- Presentation: Evaluating an alternative stratification for the NEFSC bottom trawl survey: Impact on index estimates and importance of sample size
Special Accommodations: These meetings are physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aid should be directed to M. Jan Saunders, (302) 526-5251, at least 5 days prior to the meeting date.