The South Atlantic Fishery Management Council, in conjunction with the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council, will hold a Q&A Public Meeting in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina to address cobia management issues.
DATE: May 9, 2016
TIME: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
LOCATION: Stakeholders can participate in the meeting in two ways -
- Attend the meeting in person: Registration to attend in person is not required. The meeting will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk, 5353 N. Virginia Dare Trail, Kitty Hawk, NC 27949, phone 252/261-1290.
- Listen in via webinar: Registration for the webinar is required and is available by clicking the link listed below. On the day of the meeting, tune in to the webinar 30 minutes prior to the start to test your audio settings with the help of Council staff.
Webinar Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2733536913517393923
Council staff will give a presentation that includes,
- An overview of the Council federal management process;
- Information on historical management of cobia;
- Review of the SEDAR stock assessment for cobia;
- Information about current cobia management and the pending 2016 recreational closure; and
- An overview of future management actions for cobia currently under consideration by the South Atlantic Council.
Council staff and area Council members will be available to answer questions following the presentation.
Additional meeting information including video presentations and how to submit written comments will be posted to the Cobia Management Q&A Public Meeting page on the South Atlantic Council's website.
Presentations will be posted by April 22, 2016.