The Cost Recovery Amendment (Amendment 17) to the Atlantic Surfclam and Ocean Quahog Fishery Management Plan (FMP) establishes a cost recovery program for the individual transferable quota (ITQ) fishery, as required by the Magnuson-Stevens Act. The amendment also contains provisions to remove the optimum yield ranges from the management plan, and to change how biological reference points are incorporated into the plan.
On June 15, 2016, NMFS published a final rule approving and implementing the measures contained in Amendment 17. Read the final rule as filed in the Federal Register. Get more information from the permit holder bulletin available on the NMFS Greater Atlantic Region website.
- Final Rule, June 15, 2016
- Permit Holder Bulletin, June 15, 2016
- Draft Cost Recovery Amendment, November 26, 2014
- February 2015 Council Meeting
- October 2014 Council Meeting Materials
- Background Documents
- MAFMC Surfclam and Ocean Quahog Page
- NOAA FishWatch U.S. Seafood Facts
- NOAA Fisheries Greater Atlantic Region Information