Amendment 14 considered incidental catch and general management of blueback herring, alewife, American shad, and hickory shad. Specifically, the Amendment addressed monitoring of river herring and shad, bycatch of river herring and shad in the Council's managed fisheries, and the overall management framework for the species in state and federal waters.
The Council adopted Amendment 14 on June 14, 2012 and submitted it to NMFS for review on February 26, 2012. Following a series of revisions, the Council submitted a revised version of Amendment 14 to NMFS on June 3, 2013. In November 2013 NMFS partially approved Amendment 14 on behalf of the Secretary. NMFS sent a letter to the Council on November 7, 2013, informing it of the partial approval of Amendment 14.
In February 2014 NOAA Fisheries published a final rule for the implementation of Amendment 14.
Jason Didden, (302) 526-5254, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amendment 14 Final Rule, February 24, 2013
- Final Environmental Impact Statement, August 5, 2013
- Amendment 14 Proposed Rule and Environmental Impact Statement
- Amendment 14 Public Hearing Document
- Public Hearing Comment Summary
- Supplemental Communications and Reference Documents
Relevant Council Meeting Materials
- October 2013: Briefing Materials & Summary
- June 2012: Mackerel, Squid, Butterfish Committee Amendment 14
- October 2011: Briefing Materials (Am. 14 Public Comments)