The Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council’s (Council’s) Summer Flounder, Scup, and Black Sea Bass Advisory Panel will meet on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Double Tree by Hilton Baltimore –BWI Airport, 890 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum, Maryland, 21090; telephone: (410)-859-8400.
The purpose of this meeting is to discuss recent performance of the commercial and recreational fisheries for summer flounder, scup, and black sea bass, and develop annual Fishery Performance Reports for these fisheries. The Council and the ASMFC will consider the Fishery Performance Reports later in 2016 when reviewing previously implemented multi-year fishery specifications (i.e., catch and landings limits and management measures) for 2017. The AP will also discuss summer flounder management alternatives under development for the Council and ASMFC’s ongoing Comprehensive Summer Flounder Amendment.
- Final Agenda
- Scup Fishery Information Document
- Black Sea Bass Fishery Information Document
- Summer Flounder Fishery Information Document
- Summer Flounder Amendment Discussion Document
- Comments from Steve Witthuhn (Council AP member)
- Comments from James Fletcher (Council AP member)
- Comments from Harvey Yenkinson (Council AP member)
- Comments from Ken Neill (Commission AP member)
- Comments from Monty Hawkins (Council AP member)
- Comments from Art Smith (Commission AP member)
These meetings are physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aid should be directed to M. Jan Saunders, (302) 526-5251, at least 5 days prior to the meeting date.