Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 1:00 PM – Thursday, April 30, 2015, 3:30 PM
On April 29 - 30, 2015, the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council held a workshop in conjunction with a joint meeting of the Council’s Mackerel, Squid, and Butterfish Advisory Panel and Ecosystems and Ocean Planning Advisory Panel. The purpose of this workshop was to review, and potentially refine, the spatial alternatives for discrete coral protection zones proposed under the Deep Sea Corals Amendment to the Atlantic Mackerel, Squid, and Butterfish Fishery Management Plan.
- Review all proposed discrete coral zone alternatives, including alternatives proposed by industry advisors during the public comment period;
- Identify key areas of importance for coral protection and fishing activity;
- Develop recommendations for modified discrete zone boundaries for Council consideration; and
- Summarize advisor and other stakeholder comments and concerns related to discrete zone alternatives.
Documents & Resources
- Workshop Overview
- Discrete Coral Zone Maps and Data (workshop briefing materials)
- Public Information Document (PID)
- Deep Sea Corals Amendment Page
- Interactive Deep Sea Corals Mapper